Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Watching The World Work

We have many oppertunitites to watch the world work and we also are given the chance to watch what faith in the Lord can allow Him to do in the world. I find that often my struggling includes God. I question what I really believe in. I found myself in a position to watch both work this weekend and I am amazed all the time.

My family has with great pride decided to support my husband in pursuit of his dream. His dream is music. This decision has side effects. We are not always smart with our money. We are often short on cash and wonder where bill money will come from. See he has the ability to make very good money, only we take jobs that allow him to be where he needs to be to work on the music. I, along with back issues that make it hard to get a job, was made a promise by my husband so I get to stay home with the kids. So until the music works out (whatever that may look like) we struggle with money.

This weekend we ran out of gas pulling the band trailer on the turnpike. We called some people and they were busy or did not answer. Then I called the last person in the world I wanted to call because I know the financial struggles she is going through. "I don't have any money but I will come get your right now," is what she told me without hesitation. I asked her to wait to see if we could find another solution because I was leary of leaving the band trailer on the turnpike. She called right back and said she was on her way, her ex-husband gave her the money to bring us some gas. You see my friend and her ex-husband have been challenged recently and have turned faithfully to God to walk them through. Oddly enough they were the only ones who answered the call and were willing to do something to help us.

I started praying as soon as we left that we would make it home. (And we did but not without a lesson first.) I started counting blessings when the gas light came on. My friend came in what seemed like record time. You see along with being stranded on the side of the road with the entire family, my little man was suffering from an acute stomic virus. Thankfuly we had enough plastic bags in the car to get us home. She followed us to the gas station in town where she tried to buy us some gas. God had other plans. As my husband humlbly took the $3.60 in change he found in the car we were given the chance to believe in strangers. The man set the pump for $4.00 and told my husband he was sorry that was the best he could do. As we all got started home my husband asked me if I had been praying and I told him I had. Then he told me what the man at the gas station did.

I learned the people in your inner circle are vital and they can be trusted with everything even if they have to tell you no sometimes. I learned that when we are faithful God can do amazing things. While $0.40 may not seem like a big deal to you and me, at that moment it was a huge message from God to my husband. Honey is still processing but he told me it was huge.  I also learned that even when I turn away from my Father he always takes me back with open arms. Sometimes the lessons sting and sometimes I don't get it at all but He knows the plan and makes sure to give me as many oppertunities as I need to learn.

Thank you Father for all the blessings in my life and thank you for loving me. Thank you for being there all the time. A-men.

No comments:

Post a Comment